Sunday, April 3, 2011

Thunderclap! Language > Place blog carnival & Negative Suck

I have a new flash story, 'Disintegration', published in the latest issue of Thunderclap! You could get your e-copy or print copy of the magazine via their web site. 'Disintegration' is one of my favorites among the flash stories I have written this year--I got the impetus from a photo of one of those blackbirds that plunged to their deaths in the States on New Year's Eve. As for the title--you know where it came from if you're a fan of The Cure.

Edition #5 of Language > Place blog carnival, hosted by Parmanu, has gone online! This edition comes in a beautiful format, a stellar collection of work and reflections of previous hosts. It's truly amazing how much thought and effort Parmanu put into building the carnival as a virtual museum, with fantastic artwork to each of the contributor's posts. As the host of edition #2, I'm thrilled to see the carnival evolving and floating around the world. My flash story 'Memories of Hamburg', first published in slingshot litareview last year, is included in this edition.

The April issue of Negative Suck is online too and this month's featured author is Amanda Deo. The May issue will be our special word prompt issue, so check out the guidelines and send us your stuff. Deadline is April 20.

On a personal note, I've been lost listening to too much post-rock music as I work on my flash fiction. Soon enough I'll write like a phantom haunting my own apartment. Somebody save me before I totally fall over to the dark side. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment